Monday 1 July 2013

What Liv Learned in June

1. I can finally do a ballerina bun.

And there is a picture to prove it.



Tutorial here. http://www.merricksart.com/2013/04/giant-fluffy-bun-tutorial.html

2. As a consequence of the ridiculous hair teasing going on, I've been spotting split ends. Which leads to realizing that I hate split ends.

And...

3. Deep hair conditioning. So far I've tried a olive oil/ honey mixture and plain coconut oil. Then I get to wear a Sobeys bag tied around my head for thirty minutes and lick the flavoured water that occasionally drips down my face. What fun.

4. I also learned that sewing for men is a different kettle of fish than anything I've yet faced in the craft room. Hm. I'm not sure whether I'm ready for more than pajama pants.

5. Shellfish is A. Not as scary as it looks. B. Not as gross.

6. That New Brunswick has some of the prettiest woods and water in the whole world.



7. Indoor s'mores will do, in a rainy day pinch.



8. And finally, that writing is usually a case of sitting and typing out one silly sounding word at a time, rather than sitting and waiting for that perfect start.

9. Oh yeah. And I learned that June only has 30 days. Oops. Hello July!

~Liv

1 comment:

  1. I would like to make a ballerina bun, but I don't know about all that "ratting"... I think #8 could apply to a lot of things and #9 is funny.

    ReplyDelete